Effective date: January 22, 2018.
4. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns regarding our policy or practices, please contact our privacy officer by email at email@example.com. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at: 112 Kent Street, Ottawa Ontario, K1A 1H3 1.800.282.1376 http://www.priv.gc.ca/
6. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 Collection of information at registration
Registration is required if you want to use the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. As part of this registration, we will require that you submit certain information that is relevant to the purposes of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. We collect the following information (“Personal Information”) from our subscriber’s registration information: first and last name, username, email address, and password.
6.2 Mobile Device Location Information
Upon registration or the use of our location-enabled services on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. (for example, when you access services from a mobile device), we may need to collect and process information about your actual Global Positioning System location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device identification and other information we hold about you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked for your consent. If you do not want your location information collected when you use the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., please contact your device manufacturer or platform provider to determine how to disable the collection of this information.
6.3 Collection of information when you use the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App.
When you use the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities including:
- ● the IP address of your computer;
- ● the unique mobile device identifier;
- ● technical information about your computer or mobile device such as the type of device, mobile device identification number, web browser, other browser information (e.g., size, connection speed and connection type), and operating system or platform;
- ● your shopping habits;
- ● your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.); and
- ● your internet provider or mobile carrier name.
6.4 Collection of information submitted by you
You may send electronic information or physical documentation to us in the following forms: messages or transaction information relating to your interactions with our Merchants; receipts, personal data in text and picture form; and other subscriber-generated content provided to us in the normal course of your use of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., including but not limited to posts, profiles, comments, suggestions, forwarded messages, feedback information, usage information, transaction information and Traffic Data (as defined below).
6.5 Collection through interaction with the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App.
We may collect your Personal Information when you communicate it to us by use of one of our web forms or other interactions with the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., by email, or by any other means of communication. The NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. offers publicly-accessible blogs and allows you to create personal profiles which can be seen by others (collectively, “Public Content”). This Public Content and any of the information you post to the Site, such as reviews, are intended for public consumption. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We take no responsibility for any information which You post or publish on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, cost, complaint, damage, claim or liability whatsoever arising from any such post or publication. We may post your testimonials along with your name on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. from time to time if such information is provided to us. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
6.6 Traffic Data
"Traffic Data" is collected by the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. and our third-party traffic analysis provider through the use of software that is included on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. as well as cookies that are stored temporarily on your computer. Together, these technologies help us manage our content by identifying which content is effective.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies track where you travel on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. and what you look at. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. When you log into the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., your browser may ask if you want it to remember you as a registered subscriber of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. If you accept, the session ID becomes a persistent cookie, which remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Although cookies are used by most major websites and are accepted by default by most web browsers, it may be possible to disable cookies via your browser settings. We use session cookies and usage data to make it possible to navigate the secure environment inside the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. and to keep, and periodically track, information about you for the purpose of creating a personalized web experience and improving the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. or measuring and conveying to others the performance levels of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. We may link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. This is for the purpose of creating a personalized experience within the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., to assist NXTDROP, Inc. in understanding its users and subscribers and designing improvements to the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., and for the purpose of collecting usage and performance metrics.
6.8 Online and Mobile Advertising
6.9 Use of analytics tools
6.10 Location Data
When you access the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. using a web browser or other application, we may gather and store certain types of information including: traffic data from your browser, your IP address, location, GPS signals sent by a mobile device, cookie information, and the pages you visit on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. Traffic data is helpful in identifying and fixing problems with the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App.
7. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 General use
The Company will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than the identified purposes of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. We may use your Personal Information (defined above) to:
- ▪ share with service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of NXTDROP, Inc.;
- ▪ provide customer service and support, administrative messages, resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems including helping third-party service providers fulfil their functions;
- ▪ fulfill your requests for certain features of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App.;
- ▪ customize, measure, and improve the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App.;
- ▪ offer or provide you with products and services including providing you information relating to receipts, technical notices, updates, and security alerts;
- ▪ inform you of targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers unless you opt out;
- ▪ aggregate and anonymize data which will be shared, sold or otherwise provided to third parties for marketing, data analysis and other purposes;
- ▪ share anonymized information collected in surveys with merchants
- ▪ assist us to measure our performance and to share performance information with others;
- ▪ comply with legal or regulatory requirements (as described below); and
- ▪ fulfill other purposes, subject to your explicit consent.
7.2 Third-party disclosure
We may share personal information or feedback with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us. We may share your first name and comments or feedback with third-parties. We will not tie any other information, other than your first name, that can identify you to your comments or feedback. However, third-parties may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you provide your full name or your contact information in the comments.
7.4 Acquisition of the Company
In the event that the Company, or all or a portion of our business, or one or more of its divisions, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation, liquidation or another similar transaction, your Personal Information shall be one of the transferred assets.
7.5 Retaining Information
We may retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws and subject to the provisions in our Terms. This data may be retained for approximately one year (12months) after your relationship with us has been terminated.
7.6 Legally compelled disclosures
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right (and you authorize the Company) to share or disclose your Personal Information when the Company determines, at its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- ▪ to investigate or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others;
- ▪ to prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- ▪ when required by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena, or other legal process.
8. DISCLOSURE OF PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION
To use certain services on the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App., you expressly consent to sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, other third-party service providers, and applicable businesses.
8.1 DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
8.2 CONSENT AND PRIVACY SETTINGS
9. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
The Company relies on you to ensure that the Personal Information you enter into our system is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You may make changes or corrections to your Personal Information at any time. You may review or update your personal information by clicking on the “Edit Profile” button located within your personal profile. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Unless required by law, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. Where we can provide information access and correction, and when required by law, we will do so for free. We also make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information in our reports, displays, articles and support queries. However, you must verify all information created from your use of the NXTDROP, Inc. Web App. You are responsible for ensuring that that the information you have entered into our system is accurate, reliable and complete.
10. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
11. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
12. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
13. SECURITY MEASURES
- a) providing reasonable physical and electronic safeguards with regard to the storage of Personal Information;
- b) limiting access to your Personal Information to those employees or contractors who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs; and
- c) governing employees and other contractors by strict standards and policies to ensure that Personal Information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
Please note that no data transmission over the internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have a security related concern, please contact us at the contact details provided above. We will work closely with you to ensure a quick and personal response to your concerns.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we may notify you by the email address registered to your account. We will never send email messages to customers requesting confidential information such as passwords, credit card numbers, or social security or social insurance numbers. Please do not act on any such emails as you may compromise your Personal Information by replying or by following links to a fraudulent website.